The History of Novorossiysk shipyard started when on 26th January 1918 Common Commissar Council's Decree about nationalization of Merchant Fleet (including all ship repair and shipping companies) was published. On 5th May of 1918 locomotive depot premises located at the foot of the eastern pier and owned by Vladicaucasian railways were passed to the port. Today the shipyard has a reputation to be a highly structured industry which has over 15 workshops equipped with up-to-date equipment, engineering capabilities, two floating docks of 30,000 and 60,000 tones lifting capacity, gantry cranes and cargo handling facilities, repair berths, railways. The repair areas covers over 23 hectares.
Apart from ship repair activity the shipyard offers cargo transshipment services.
The yard started to offer these services to cargo owners in November 2004 and the facilities of Transshipping Complex in the yard have been continuously improved and can now handle over 2,5 million tons of cargo per year.more