trusteddocks.com is looking for a maritime news editor. Our primary focus is on casualties, new builds, and ship repair news. We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Maritime News Editor to join our team on a part-time basis. This position is open to senior or retired individuals who have a deep passion for the maritime industry and a strong desire to share their knowledge and expertise. Additionally, this role includes the responsibility of maintaining our ship orderbook database.
As a Maritime News Editor and Ship Orderbook Database Administrator, you will have a dual role. You will be responsible for creating, editing, and curating news content related to casualties, new builds, and ship repair within the maritime industry. Additionally, you will manage and maintain our ship orderbook database, ensuring it remains accurate and up-to-date.
- Content Creation: Research, write, and edit news articles, reports, and features on maritime casualties, new builds, and ship repair. Ensure accuracy, relevance, and timeliness in all content.
- Source and Curate News: Continuously monitor and stay updated with industry news sources, press releases, and official reports to identify breaking news and relevant stories.
- Proofreading and Editing: Edit and proofread articles for grammar, style, and content accuracy to maintain high-quality standards.
- Multimedia Integration: Collaborate with the multimedia team to include relevant images, videos, and interactive content in articles to enhance the reader’s experience.
- Social Media Engagement: Promote articles and engage with the maritime community through social media channels, fostering discussions and interaction.
- Database Maintenance: Update and maintain our ship orderbook database with accurate and current information on new ship orders, deliveries, and shipyard details.
- Stay Informed: Keep abreast of the latest developments and innovations in the maritime industry to provide valuable insights and fresh content.
- Extensive knowledge of the maritime industry, particularly in the areas of casualties, new builds, and ship repair.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent research skills to gather information from various sources.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Passion for and commitment to the maritime industry.
- Previous editorial or journalism experience is a plus.
- Experience with database management and data entry.
- Retired or senior individuals with relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
If you are a passionate and knowledgeable individual with a strong connection to the maritime industry and the desire to share its stories, along with the ability to maintain a ship orderbook database, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining your interest in this position, and a sample of your previous work (if available) to email@example.com
trusteddocks.com is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.